Most clothes pegs are made of soft wood or plastic. The wood pegs rot and darken over time and may stain the laundry and the plastic pegs break down due to cold and sunshine. The springs are usually not made of stainless steel and therefore rust over time and the rust will stain the laundry. In addition, the pegs are twisted in use and fall apart as time goes by. There is more focus on price than on quality and long-term durability. The Omega clothes pegs from Popotamus are completely different. They may well be the last clothes pegs that you'll need to buy and the annoying weaknesses that ordinary clothes pegs have is a thing of the past with the Omega pegs.
A link to several pictures in very high quality
See reviews of the pegs (in Danish) here
- Made entirely of stainless steel, the spring included. The steel is of type AISI 304.
- They don't rust.
- They don't rot.
- They don't break.
- They don't twist and they don't fall apart.
- Heat and cold-resistant (can also be used as bag closers in the freezer for example).
- Do not stain the laundry due to rot or rusty springs.
- The pegs have a strong spring, so that they'll stay on the clothesline even during stormy weather. The pegs also grip much better on thicker objects, such as a lined winter jacket, a robust bathrobe or the bathroom mat.
- The pegs are not suitable for people with arthritis in their fingers, for whom the spring is too strong.
- Saltwater resistant. Suitable for sailing yachts.
- A 20-year warranty for normal use, ie. as clothes pegs or e.g. as bag closers in a deep freezer and other similar types of use.
- Can withstand being stored outside all year round.
- The pegs are also available in a powder coated version in 11 different colors. The paint resembles the paint used in the automotive industry. The lacquered pegs fade over time in the same way as a car loses its colour, especially if the pegs are stored outside all year round, but the lacquer does not peel off.
- The unpainted pegs cost 1.35 EUR each and the colored pegs 1.75 EUR each. Of course, it's a much higher price than regular wood or plastic pegs, but our Omega pegs should never be replaced. In fact, one can safely write them into one's will so that they can be passed on to the next generation. This is sustainability in the making!
Quantity discount is provided as shown in the table below. The discount is automatically calculated in the shopping cart.
NB The quantity discount is only granted on pegs at normal price.
| From 30 to 39 pegs || 6% |
| From 40 to 49 pegs || 10% |
| From 50 to 79 pegs || 12% |
| From 80 to 109 pegs || 15% |
| From 110 to 149 pegs || 18% |
| From 150 to 199 pegs || 20% |
| From 200 to 499 pegs || 23% |
| From 500 to 999 pegs || 27% |
| From 1000 pegs and above || 30% |